About the company
MAS has a proud culture of doing the right thing for its members and its people. We are a membership-based insurance and investment company for New Zealand professionals. We work with all types of professionals who share our purpose – to inspire a healthier New Aotearoa.
We have also established the MAS Foundation, a philanthropic organisation working to make a difference to the health of people in NZ, particularly those communities traditionally underserved by our health system.
MAS is entering an exciting phase as it looks to grow the capability of its people and transform its systems and processes to stay ahead of the game. We’re also rapidly growing our member base in the professional market.
About the role
As a Business Risk Advisor, you will be responsible for advising our commercial clients throughout the business risk policy lifecycle. While the initial focus will be reviewing ongoing suitability at renewal and policy changes, you will be onboarding new business too.
A key piece of this role will be nurturing our members and providing them with exceptional care, whilst looking for growth opportunities.
Skills and experience required
- A strong member/client-centric approach
- 4-5 years’ experience within an insurance sales and service role
- Broad knowledge of local markets and insurance products
- Some understanding of commercial risk, claims and underwriting
- Excellent relationship management skills for new and renewal business
- Financial Services Level 5 qualification is preferred.