Here at MAS, we’re on a mission to inspire a healthier Aotearoa and we’re looking for more people like you to help us get there.
Founded by and for the medical profession, we’re an insurance and retirement savings company for Kiwi professionals. We’re in an exciting period of change and as part of our growth, we’d like to invite applications and expressions of interest for the role of Claims Quality Assurance (QA) and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Lead.
This role exists to provide technical claims expertise, particularly in the areas of process improvement, policies, frameworks and operating procedures, with a particular focus on providing rigorous quality assurance of claims and leading compliance for CPD requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide on-going regular review of an appropriate number of claims to ensure processes, frameworks and guidelines are adhered to
- Offer claims specific expertise in the design and on-going suitability of our products
- Give insights into the current and future competitive and regulatory environment in order to help deliver a great claims experience
- Create and implement a CPD framework, that ensures relevant knowledge is kept up to date for the team and meets the required standards.
- Contribute to the on-going development and review of all product collateral
- (both physical and digital)
- Be a key contributor to identifying claims related opportunities and risks as well as assist in resolving any remediation or Conduct & Culture issues
Reporting to our General Insurance Claims Manager, this role is a full-time opportunity based from our Johnsonville office.
What we’re looking for:
You’re a technical, critical thinker and collaboration is your middle name. As the engaging type, you thrive on being the ‘go to’ person in claims best-practice. Your hands-on approach means you actively aim to help others succeed, ultimately reflecting on what we as an organisation do and aim to achieve in the future.
Key requirements include:
- You’re a seasoned Insurance professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in claims and even more desirable if you’ve have EQC claims experience
- Proven capability in end to end process designing and implementing continuous improvement frameworks and programmes
- Experience working cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Clear, engaging and effective communication style both written and verbal
Why work with us?
MAS exists to protect what matters in our Members’ worlds and our vision is to develop life-long Members through life-long trust. Notwithstanding our almost 100-year history, you’ll be the secret to our ongoing success by being a part of our highly valued outstanding customer service. With our flexible approach, we can offer you a supportive working environment, a greater lifestyle balance and competitive remuneration.
If you want to work for a Kiwi mutual that believes in building long-term relationships with Members, acts sustainably and invests in its people – then please apply now with your CV.
STS Group is a people and performance-focused Management Consultancy that is working in partnership with MAS to recruit for this vacancy.