Are you keen to join a purpose led organisation you can be proud of?
MAS is more than an insurance and financial services provider. We are doing the mahi to inspire a healthier Aotearoa without leaving anyone behind. Our MAS Foundation whāinga is to improve health and wellbeing equity by making a positive impact in underserved communities.
We are selective about our investments. We invest more than $2 billion in funds that are playing their part in supporting global health and wellbeing and only invest in organisations who meet our environmental, social and governance practice standards.
Our satisfied Members trust us, we have been voted the Consumer People's Choice for house, contents and car insurance, six years in a row.
Now is the perfect time to join us.
He angitūtanga | The opportunity
The Data Engineer will support IT and wider business units by providing data extracts and transformation solutions as required.
You will also be responsible for:
- Providing and maintaining documentation on existing and future data extract and transformation solutions.
- Liaising with the Data Architect, developing data pipelines that will transform and push data into new data models, dashboards and reporting solutions that support the business needs.
- Liaise with the Database Administrators, coordinating the implementation of new data-extracts to facilitate new solutions.
- Maintain and support the data extract and transformation eco-system, providing advice and assistance on migration paths where appropriate.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What’s in it for you
At MAS we are committed to providing an exceptional experience for our Members, that starts with taking special care of our people.
We're serious about flexibility
We offer MAS whānau the ability to negotiate changes in standard working hours, to work from home and the ability to change your office base location.
Here for Good
Working for MAS means you are contributing to inspiring a healthier Aotearoa. Who wouldn't want to be part of that?
MAS whānau are provided with one extra day paid leave to volunteer for a charity of their choice, two days additional 'Society' leave days and a 10-day COVID Support Package.
We are committed to staff development
MAS are proud to offer all staff full access to over 16,000 courses via LinkedIn Learning as well as access to our inhouse learning platform 'Te Kākano'.
We offer fully subsidised health cover for yourself, subsidised for your family, as well as subsidised life insurance cover for you and your significant other.
We take the wellbeing of our staff seriously. This includes access to our wellbeing portal, discounted gym memberships, access to free confidential counselling, and more.
We're a social bunch
MAS whānau are encouraged to attend regular networking activities such as Cheese Day Tuesday and Friday Fours. We practice what we preach, particularly when it comes to inspiring a healthier Aotearoa, so initiatives such as funded Round the Bays membership and participating in corporate sports teams are also popular with our people.
He kōrero mōu | Key attributes we are looking for:
- Ability to assess and troubleshoot issues and determine if they are a technical problem or business process related.
- Ability to assess viability of proposed enhancements.
- Proven experience in delivering oran and written communications.
- Display empathy and leadership while providing direction to business users and IT staff.
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Strongly developed conceptual thinking skills.
- SQL Server Integration Services
- MSSQL Transact-SQL, including SQL with XML and JSON.
- Previous experience with IoT/Device data
- Knowledge of systems development lifecycle methodologies.
How to apply
If you and MAS sound like a great match, we'd love to hear from you. To be considered for this role please submit your CV and cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position via Seek.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, applications will be considered as they are received, therefore we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.