The team at MAS is on an exciting journey to become a truly purpose-led organisation. To do this, we’ve taken on an ambitious growth strategy that will see us expand our business through our teams.
To support our continued journey with our people, we are wanting an IT Business/Systems Support Administrator who is outcome-focused to join our Information Technology team.
Your role will provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to staff and give guidance and support for MAS IT applications. This is a 50/50 split role between Helpdesk and Super User activities which will require a mix of the following:
Key parts of the role will be:
- Provide day to day support to the Operational business units
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical assistance to staff via the MAS Helpdesk
- Be the point of contact for business users for IT application related usage and process issues
- Liaise on behalf of the business with IT Support and application vendors
- Participate in the delivery process of new releases, enhancements, and fixes to the software
- Provide guidance to end-users, relating to their use of IT applications and their supporting processes. Manage and maintain application parameters, such as rate changes, cover maximum thresholds, etc.
- Act as the Change coordinator for all changes to existing production environments in the absence of the BSA.
- Provide support to users and departments regarding the use of technology.
- Ensure regular backups are maintained in line with the MAS BCP guidelines.
- Take ownership of all Helpdesk tickets and coordinate their resolution.
- Assist the wider IT MAS team as required
You demonstrate the following skills:
- Knowledge of systems development lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to assess and troubleshoot issues and determine if they are a technical problem
- Ability to assess viability of proposed enhancements
- Competent PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheets
- Concern for order, quality, and accuracy
- Strongly developed conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience in business process transformation
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in an agile environment
- Strong planning, time management, and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
You’ll be joining an organisation that has been looking after NZ professionals with insurance and investments for nearly 100 years and we’re trusted by more than 40,000 Members.
With this exciting period of change as we commit to doing what we can for our Members, their families and future generations of New Zealanders our Purpose is about Inspiring a Healthier Aotearoa and we are interested in candidates who share our passion to make Aoteroa healthier for people and for the planet.
If you are a self-driven individual who has the ability to work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing, challenging environment, while being able to provide robust solutions to problems and really have that “Big Picture” perspective we would love to hear from you.
STS Group is a people and performance-focused Management Consultancy that is working in partnership with MAS to recruit for this vacancy.