The team at MAS are on an exciting journey to become a truly purpose led organisation. To do this, we've taken on an ambitious growth strategy that will see us double in five years.
To support our continued journey with our people, we are wanting a IT Systems Engineer to join our Information Technology team.
MAS's accomplishments are the work of its staff. We encourage initiative, recognise individual and team contributions, treat each person with respect and fairness, and provide opportunity for individual growth.
This role includes supporting computing infrastructure, maintenance of daily file backups, operations services, development of new applications, maintenance and enhancement of user application systems. Key parts of the role will be involvement in disaster recovery, operations administration, and helpdesk and systems support.
What you'll need
You will be someone with a high level of computer literacy, excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills, the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, have proven experience with local and wide area networking concepts, principles and protocols, and a minimum of 4 years' experience in the operation and administration of a complex networked environment.
You'll also need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Helpdesk - Desktop, Server and Network Support experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft server products.
- Working knowledge of Unified Communication solutions.
- Specifically, the Systems Engineer will have had exposure to Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Exchange 2010, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Familiarity with the IBM iSeries environment.
- HP Server and Storage Platforms.
- VMWare vSphere Server Virtualisation Platform.
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012.
- Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Firewall and Security Solutions.
You'll be joining an organisation that has been looking after NZ professionals with insurance and investments for nearly 100 years and we're trusted by more than 40,000 Members.
With this exciting period of change as we commit to doing what we can for our Member, their families and future generations of New Zealanders our purpose is about inspiring a Healthier Aotearoa and we are interested in candidates who share our passion to make Aotearoa healthier for people and for the planet.
If this sounds like the organisation for you please click through to find out more or to apply for this exciting opportunity.
STS Group is a people and performance-focused Management Consultancy that is working in partnership with MAS to recruit for this vacancy.