Are you looking for a fresh start with a purpose lead organisation you can be proud of?
MAS is more than an insurance and financial services provider. We are doing the mahi to inspire a healthier Aotearoa and we aren’t leaving anyone behind.
Our MAS foundation whāinga is to improve health and wellbeing equity by making a positive impact in underserved communities.
We are selective about our investments. We invest more than $2 billion in funds that are playing their part in supporting global health and well-being and only invest in organisations who meet our environmental, social and governance practice standards.
Our satisfied Members trust us and we have been voted the Consumer NZ People’s Choice for three insurance categories, six years in a row.
Now is the perfect time to join us as we embark on an ambitious growth strategy.
As part of our growth, we are looking for our next MAS Adviser.
The opportunity | He angitūtanga
You'll be providing quality advice and implementing suitable solutions to existing and new Members regarding our personal insurance products and KiwiSaver. In addition, you'll be referring our Members to other areas in the business in relation to general insurance, lending and business needs.
Building strong relationships is fundamental. You'll also need to be comfortable developing and implementing sales strategies to obtain our ambitious growth targets.
You'll be undertaking annual portfolio reviews with our existing Members, to ensure they have the appropriate products to meet their needs, as well as identifying, meeting with and gaining new Members.
The work is carried out in a variety of ways including meeting Members face-to-face in their workplace or home, using online technology such as MS Teams and Zoom, and attending networking events. The role is mobile and will also require the flexibility to work out of traditional business hours.
What’s in it for you | Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou
At MAS we are committed to providing exceptional experience for our Members, that starts with taking special care of our people.
- Were serious about flexibility. We offer MAS whanau the ability to negotiate changes in standard working hours, to work from home and the ability to change your base office location
- Here for good. Working for MAS means you are contributing to inspiring a healthier Aotearoa. Our MAS foundation funds initiatives to improve the health and wellbeing of underserved communities. Who wouldn’t want to be part of that?
- Additional Leave. MAS whanau are provided with 1 extra day paid leave to volunteer for a charity of their choice, 2 days additional ‘society’ leave days and a 10-day COVID Support Package
- We are committed to staff development. MAS are proud to offer all staff full access to over 16,000 courses via LinkedIn learning as well as access to our inhouse learning platform 'Te Kākano'. Talk to us about your learning and development aspirations as we love designing bespoke solutions.
- Insurance benefits. We offer fully subsidised health cover for yourself, subsidised for your family, as well as subsidised life insurance cover for you and your significant other
Key attributes we are looking for | He kōrero mōu
- FSLAA Level 5 Certificate
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills
- Five plus years' of relevant industry experience in a customer facing role
- Proven experience advising and selling personal insurance and Kiwisaver
- Demonstrated application of sales techniques and proven ability applying them
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile for Member satisfaction
- Ability to network
How to apply
With our purpose of inspiring a healthier Aotearoa, we take our responsibility of providing a healthy and safe workplace for all our people very seriously. MAS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. If you are our preferred candidate, we ask that you provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to MAS presenting an offer.