We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel to join MAS at our Wellington based waterfront office.
MAS is a membership-based insurance and investment company for New Zealand professionals. Founded by and for the medical profession 100 years ago, today the organisation works with all types of professionals who share a common purpose – to inspire a healthier New Zealand.
We have recently established the MAS Foundation. This is our philanthropic arm which aims to improve health equity and wellbeing in New Zealand, especially for those in traditionally underserved communities.
Based in our Wellington waterfront office, we are seeking a Senior Legal Counsel with financial services expertise to join two other lawyers in our newly formed Legal and Compliance team.
The role presents a unique opportunity for a talented, dedicated lawyer to gain a broad range of experience and be part of an energetic, collaborative, and client-focused team. You will support and enhance the company’s strategic priorities and business initiatives by providing or procuring advice across a wide range of legal matters.
Your main areas of focus will be commercial, contract, corporate, insurance and financial services law, though you may handle briefs on a range of other matters including charity law, company and trust law, and property law. You will also provide general commercial and operational support, get stuck into project-based work, and provide leadership in partnership with MAS’ various businesses.
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
- 7+ years’ post qualification experience.
- Expertise in relevant areas of law including any combination of:
- commercial law
- consumer law
- financial services law
- insurance law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Develops and maintains quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues.
- A strong client service ethic.
- Sound judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate professionalism.
- A pro-active and enthusiastic attitude.
With a long-standing reputation for exceptional customer delivery and service to the community, MAS continues to grow and evolve, and we'd love you to be part of this journey.
An excellent remuneration package is offered, which includes insurance benefits, flexible working, community volunteering and career development opportunities.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Jane Temel on 021 499 902 or email email@example.com.
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday, 24th February 2021.