Mō te tūnga – about the role
The Risk Analyst supports MAS risk management programmes and frameworks by monitoring and identifying risks arising from activities across MAS business units.
The role also supports the Risk Manager to develop processes for the assessment of risk.
Ko mātou tēnei – our organisation
Having highly satisfied Members is Medical Assurance Society (MAS)’s most important business objective. To achieve this, we need to deliver exceptional service and advice to MAS Members. In addition, we must also continue to grow and develop our people.
MAS’s accomplishments are the work of its people. We encourage initiative, recognise individual and team contributions, treat each person with respect and fairness, and provide opportunity for individual growth. Our people must exhibit the highest levels of professional and technical competence. At MAS, we value people who are brave, have fun, just do it, respect others, are honest and work with integrity, show initiative and are loyal.
Ko tō mahi – what you’ll do
The Risk Analyst provides risk management support across MAS and is responsible for maintaining the risk register, monitoring Key Risk Indicators and Risk Appetite Statement metrics. In addition, this role has accountability for monitoring internal controls to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, regulatory obligations and escalation of identified incidents. Providing data-led insights and trends to internal senior stakeholders will ensure your success in this role.
The Risk Analyst is a key contributor to the Company’s risk maturity, through identification of education and training opportunities for MAS employees.
Na tōu rourou – what you’ll bring
- Works to develop and maintain quality relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Provides exceptional service.
- Technically and judgmentally sound.
- Focused on improvement and innovation.
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
- Previous experience in a risk analysis or assurance role and/or a relevant tertiary qualification.
- Strong numerical and analysis skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Basic working knowledge of project management practices and processes.
Tohu mātauranga - Qualification:
- Essential – Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Desired – Qualification or certification in Risk Management best practice or equivalent.
Mātau ā-wheako - Lived Experience:
- Essential – Previous experience in the financial services industry or a highly regulated industry.
- Desired – Relevant work experience in risk, assurance, compliance practices or related field of expertise, preferably within the financial services industry.
How to apply
Click here to download a full Job Description for this role.