Mō te tūnga – about the role
This role supports the ongoing development and maintenance of MAS’ Risk Management Strategy and frameworks in supporting the Group strategy and business activity, and champions continued growth in MAS’s risk maturity.
The Risk Manager assists managers across the organisation with the development, execution and ongoing assessment processes for identifying, measuring, managing and mitigating business risks.
Ko mātou tēnei – our organisation
Having highly satisfied Members is Medical Assurance Society (MAS)’s most important business objective. To achieve this, we need to deliver exceptional service and advice to MAS Members. In addition, we must also continue to grow and develop our people.
MAS’s accomplishments are the work of its people. We encourage initiative, recognise individual and team contributions, treat each person with respect and fairness, and provide opportunity for individual growth. Our people must exhibit the highest levels of professional and technical competence. At MAS, we value people who are brave, have fun, just do it, respect others, are honest and work with integrity, show initiative and are loyal.
Ko tō mahi – what you’ll do
This role is accountable for promoting, being a champion of and driving continuous improvement in MAS risk management culture and maturity. This includes being accountable for the development and review of organisational risk policies, contributing to the continuous improvement of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, preparing risk reports for the Executive Team and Audit & Risk Committee (ARC), and business partnering with risk managers.
The Risk Manager works across functions to help the business build effective mitigation frameworks and processes (including segregation of duties, controls and incidents management), and provide risk and control assessments.
Na tōu rourou – what you’ll bring
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with stakeholders.
- Provides exceptional service and risk management knowledge to stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Savvy.
- Demonstrates a high level of personal resilience.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Critical thinking and focused on improvement and innovation.
- Experienced and comfortable at mentoring others.
- Technically & judgementally sound.
- Experienced in Risk Management and current best practice.
- Strong numerical, analysis and report writing skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Committed to keeping up to date with industry best practice in all areas relevant to the role.
Tohu mātauranga - Qualification:
- Essential – Relevant tertiary qualification.
- Desired – Qualification or certification in Risk Management best practice or equivalent.
Mātau ā-wheako - Lived Experience:
- Essential – Tertiary qualified and 5+ years of risk management experience Previous experience in the financial services industry or a highly regulated industry.
- Desired – Relevant work experience in risk, assurance, compliance practices or related field of expertise, preferably within the financial services industry.
How to apply
Click here to download a full Job Description for this role.