We are looking for a Referral Underwriter who can hit the ground running in a busy team. Reporting through to the Underwriting Manager, the role is seen as the key conduit between the underwriting team and the contact centre staff. Taking ownership of the day-to-day management of referrals, you’ll provide support around high risk and complex underwriting matters.
Being the go-to underwriter for member facing teams it’ll be helpful to have previous people leadership or coaching experience, alongside specialist technical underwriting knowledge.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Being the key point of contact for all technical underwriting referrals.
- Managing new business and ensuring the renewal of business is being retained by providing a first-class service and technical advice.
- Being instrumental in process improvement & maintaining Underwriting guidelines
- Monitoring and analysing trends across renewals and claims
The ideal candidate would:
- Have technical and market-facing expertise within Personal Lines products.
- Build rapport with ease, and deal confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess exceptional communication skills across all mediums.
- Be logical in thought process, inquisitive and have a strong understanding of the New Zealand market and emerging trends.
If you are interested in this position, please apply now.