Here at MAS, we’re on a mission to inspire a healthier Aotearoa and we’re looking for more people like you to help us get there.
Founded by and for the medical profession, we’re an insurance and retirement savings company for Kiwi professionals. We’re in an exciting period of change and as part of our growth, we’re currently recruiting for a Team Leader to join our energetic phone-based customer service team.
What will your day look like?
As the Member Support Centre Team Leader, you will:
- Lead, motivate, coach and support a high-performing team of Member Support Advisers to deliver a first-class service to customers
- Ensure all team members have the knowledge, skills and motivation to operate as efficiently as possible, building on their abilities and confidence
- Drive continuous improvement through the adoption of best practice
- Complete regular 1 to 1’s, call monitoring and feedback sessions with your team
Based in Johnsonville, Wellington, we’re looking for someone to join us on a full-time basis (37.5 hours per week), Monday to Friday.
What will you need to be successful at this role?
Ideally, you will have at least two years of proven work experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor within a call centre environment, though we are also open to hearing from proactive, organised people with the ability to coach others and provide feedback. It goes without saying that your communication skills are second to none and you;
- Have a natural ability to build and maintain business relationships
- Are resilient and adaptable with the ability to manage change, conflict and resolve problems
- Have proven experience in managing, coaching and motivating a team to achieve their targets
- Bring with you a significant track record of achievement in a customer-focussed, target driven environment
- Have a proactive and organised approach, with the ability to multi task and work under pressure.
Why work with us?
Notwithstanding our almost 100-year history, you’ll be the secret to our ongoing success by being a part of our highly valued outstanding customer service. With a flexible approach, we can offer you a supportive working environment, a greater lifestyle balance and competitive remuneration.
If you want to work for a Kiwi mutual that believes in building long-term relationships with Members, acts sustainably and invests in its people – then please apply now with your CV and cover letter.
This opportunity is open to all candidates who currently reside in New Zealand and have the legal right to work here.
STS Group is a people and performance-focused Management Consultancy that is working in partnership with MAS to recruit for this vacancy.