What do we fund?
MAS Foundation has been established to make a difference in the health of New Zealanders, particularly those communities traditionally underserved by our health system.
In 2021 we will fund projects focused on:
The psychological well being of mothers to be and new mothers
Optimal nutrition and protection from harmful substances for infants, children and young people
The dental health of children
Psychological wellbeing and positive sexual health for young people (aged 10 - 24)
Who do we prioritise?
In all our strategic areas we will prioritise proposals likely to improve health equity. This means focused on improving the health of those who have the greatest difficulty achieving good health outcomes. This may be a result of (but is not limited to) ethnicity, language barriers, health literacy level, financial status or geographic location.
We are particularly interested in projects that are run by or partner with Hapū, Iwi, Marae and other Māori organisations.
What can be funded?
- Health Promotion – the process of enabling people to increase control over and to improve their health
- Health Literacy – improving the exchange of health-related information between health professionals and consumers
- Health Education
- Pilot projects for service delivery
- Funding support for evaluation of existing programs
- Projects designed to improve collaboration across sectors
- Innovative approaches or ideas
What can’t be funded?
We can't fund applications with a focus outside our strategic areas, projects based outside New Zealand, or retrospective project costs (those that have already been completed).
What is the application process?
Small Grants Application:
Applications for up to and including $10,000 can be made at any time by emailing email@example.com, with the subject line “small grants application and your organisational name”
Grants Rounds for grants $10,001 - 70,000:
Will be via a website link asking for basic applicant information, after which we will make contact with you.
- Funding Round #1 – open 1 - 28 February 2021
- Funding Round #2 – open 1 June 2021 - 31 July 2021
Large Grants applications >$70,000 or multi-year grants:
Applications can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “large grants application and your organisational name”
What should be included in a Grants Round application?
MAS Foundation do not have a pre-formatted application form, however for our Grants Rounds for grants $10,001 - 70,000, we have an online basic information questionnaire.
We welcome proposals in written, audio or video formats.
If you need assistance with writing a proposal, please make direct contact with us at email@example.com
- What you want to/are doing
- Why it’s important
- Who will be delivering the project and who will benefit
- How much money the proposal is for (and please include a budget)
- If you need any non-financial support for the project to be successful
- How long will the project run (if relevant)
- What you see as a good outcome / measure for the effectiveness of your work