If you’re studying for a degree in New Zealand, you’re eligible to become a Member* of MAS. For financial advice, nobody knows students like we do – and we are with you from orientation to graduation and beyond.
- By joining us, you're joining a mutual organisation owned by your peers.
- You'll receive regular invitations to socialise with other students and Members at MAS sponsored events.
- We work together with student associations and industry bodies.
- Our Contents Insurance covers all your insured belongings, including clothing, to their full replacement value1 – which means your stuff is replaced with brand new stuff, regardless of how old it was. And our excesses are extremely low.
- Our Contents insurance covers your personal effects (subject to limits) no matter where you are in the world.
Motor Vehicle Insurance
- We offer competitive rates for Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- We have very low excesses.
- To protect your loved ones, as a student you'll have access to discounted Life Insurance.
- For as little as $50 a year we can cover you for up to $50,000, making sure your debts and funeral costs are covered if you die.
Financial Advice included
- Our advisers are salaried, not commissioned, so you know their advice is focused on your interest, not theirs.
- We’ve been doing this for 100 years. Nobody understands your needs better than us.
* - MAS applies underwriting criteria when you apply for insurance to determine whether MAS will offer you cover and, if so, on what terms. Please note cover will not be available in all circumstances, and that certain conditions and/or excesses may apply if MAS offers cover. MAS' standard policy wordings are available at mas.co.nz or by calling 0800 800 627.
1 - Excesses, cover limits and exclusions apply.