MAS Website Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions apply to your access to, and use of, this website If you continue to use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions.
Amendments will be effective at the time the amended terms and conditions are posted on this website. You are responsible for ensuring you are aware of the terms and conditions.
The terms “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to Medical Assurance Society New Zealand Limited as the holder of the domain name mas.co.nz, and its subsidiary companies. References to “you” and “your” are a reference to you.
Your use of this website
You must not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful, defamatory, harmful or objectionable.
Any comments, suggestions or other information you submit through this website will be regarded as non-confidential and non-proprietary to you.
If you wish to access to information via this website about the policies you hold with MAS, or to make a claim on a policy, you must use your member number or policy number and a password selected by you. The security of your password is your responsibility.
Accuracy of information
You agree that your use of and reliance on information on this website is entirely at your own risk. We endeavour to ensure that the information we have provided on this website is accurate, but we do not warrant or represent that the information we have provided is complete, up-to-date or free from error, or that it is suitable for your intended use.
The information on this website is of a general nature only and does not constitute comprehensive or specific professional advice. You should obtain professional advice to ensure the products and services described on this website are suitable for your individual circumstances.
Without limiting the above, we may from time to time reproduce content prepared by third parties (for example, in articles published on our Members’ Hub). This content is provided for information only and users must exercise their own judgement in relation to that content. MAS is not responsible for the validity, accuracy or your use of, any such content, whether produced by MAS or third parties.
This website contains links to our current insurance policy wording. Depending on how long you have had your policy in place, the terms and conditions of your policy may differ to the current policy wording available on this website. You can contact us to confirm the terms and conditions that apply to your policy.
Links from this website
From time to time this website may include links to other websites. Those websites are not under our control. The links are provided for your convenience only. We do not endorse, and are not responsible for the content, validity, accuracy, or your use of those websites.
You must not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, display, publish or create derivative works from any information on this website without our prior written permission.
Unless otherwise stated, you may access, view, copy, print (in limited quantities) or temporarily store material published by us on this website for your personal use only. Any copyright notice on that information must be retained on the copy.
Submitting information to us via Website
Where comments, suggestions or other information is provided to us electronically via this website, the following terms also apply:
- you must provide true, current and complete information in your dealings with us, and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains true, current and complete;
- you agree that the use of your member number or policy number and password (or other security measures we may introduce from time to time):
- will allow access to information about you and the policies you hold with MAS, and will allow a claim to be made on any of your policies gives us authority to;
- authorises us to act on the information or instructions provided to us (for example if a claim is lodged against a policy held by you) without checking your identity, but we may ask for more information or delay acting on an instruction;
- authorises us to process any instructions in relation to your policy whether or not you have given those instructions; and
- we may rely on the information provided as accurate, current and complete;
- you must not submit or upload defamatory or offensive information or comments.
Viruses and Cookies
All reasonable care is taken to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, malware or other items of a destructive or harmful nature. However, we do not guarantee that this website is free of such harmful items and it is up to you to ensure you are protected against such items.
You must not act in a way or use you must not act in a way, or use or introduce anything including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware or malware or other similar item that in any way compromises, or may compromise, this website or the system underlying this website or access this website other than via standard web browsers.
Exclusion of warranties and liability
You acknowledge and agree that, to the maximum extent permitted at law:
- neither we, nor our directors, officers and employees have any responsibility or liability or to you under or in connection with these terms and conditions, this website or your use of this website, however any such liability arises; and
we exclude all warranties and conditions of any kind that might otherwise apply to this website, its content and use.
You agree to indemnify us and our directors, officers and employees against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including legal costs) suffered or incurred by any of those persons arising out of or in connection with:
- your use of this website; and
- any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions becomes or is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal, that provision will be severed from the remaining terms and conditions, which will continue in full force and effect.
New Zealand products and services and New Zealand law
The information on this website has been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law for the supply of products and services in New Zealand only, and New Zealand law applies.
We make no representation that the products and services advertised on this website comply with the laws of any country outside New Zealand. If you access this website from outside New Zealand, you are responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of the country in which you are located.