The MAS Retirement Savings Scheme is a Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (ROPS), which means it can accept money transferred from certain UK pension schemes.
Why transfer your UK pension to the MAS Retirement Savings Scheme?
- 7 different funds to help you reach your investment goals.
- Actively managed funds investing with experienced managers focused on sustaining long-term investment performance.
- Your UK pension is invested responsibly for healthier returns and a healthier planet.
- Competitive fees. No transfer fees or fees to transact on your account – and it’s free to contribute and withdraw.
- A personal MAS Adviser to help you with your investment decisions, at no additional cost.
- Manage your investment online whenever it suits you through the MAS Investor Portal.
- We’re owned by our Members, so we ensure your savings work hard for you – not overseas shareholders.
Important things to know about UK pension transfers
- Talk to the current administrator of your UK pension to see if a transfer can take place.
- Transfers from unfunded public pension schemes such as the National Health Service are not permitted under UK law.
- Depending on your circumstances, transfers from UK pension schemes may incur additional HMRC tax charges or generate a NZ tax liability.
- There are restrictions on how and when you can withdraw your investment in the MAS Retirement Savings Scheme if you have transferred your UK pension into it.
- You should seek UK and NZ tax advice if you are intending on transferring UK pension funds.
- More information about transferring UK pensions is provided in the MAS Retirement Savings Scheme Product Disclosure Statement and Other Material Information.
Medical Funds Management Limited is the manager and issuer of investments in the MAS Retirement Savings Scheme (the 'Scheme'). A copy of the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for the Scheme is available here. If you would like to talk to a MAS Adviser, phone 0800 800 627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.